- Apply existing genetic analysis methods to new experiments and traits. Share results among breeders to improve the breeding and advancement process.
- Share methodology and molecular breeding approaches with other crops or geographic regions to improve the efficiency of the process. Identify specific needs for the crop and common strategies that would benefit other crops and regions.
- Interact with different groups to meet goals defined for development or enhancement of a molecular breeding strategy.
- Given a set of traits with different heritability, develop a strategy to identify the underlying genetic factors.
- Design genetic experiments to identify the genetic factors underlying traits important to the breeding organization resulting in improved breeding programs. Optimize the use of resources for better exploration of the genetic basis of key traits.
- Mine genetic information to identify genetic regions that influence traits of economic importance and share these across the breeding organization resulting in improved breeding processes.
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies and Experience
- PhD in plant breeding or plant genetics, with an emphasis in the areas of genetics and molecular genetics.
- An independent, highly motivated, and self-directed scientist is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge and applied research experience in plant genetics or plant breeding.
- Demonstrated excellence in the management, analysis, and interpretation of scientific data sets as used for crop improvement.
- Strong communication and organizational skills; proven ability to work well in a team environment. Pronounced ability to network and coordinate research efforts across groups/departments.
- Experience or familiarity with quantitative/population genetics.
- Experience with QTL mapping and genomic selection methodologies.
ResumoTipo de Contrato: Efetivo (CLT)
Salário: não especificado
Local: Passo Fundo – RS