Empresa Contratante: Confidencial
Ramo da Atividade: Comércio de Sementes
Dados da Vaga de Emprego
Research Project Manager
Região: Holambra – SP; Campinas – SP.
The fourth largest seed company in the world, Limagrain is an international cooperative group created and directed by French farmers. As a creator and producer of plant varieties, Limagrain markets field seeds, vegetable seeds and cereal products.
VILMORIN-MIKADO is a Business Unit of Limagrain. It brings together the activities of Vilmorin (French seed company) and Mikado (Japanese seed company).
VILMORIN-MIKADO is a global seed company which has strong bases spread over the five continents; it offers a wide, unique and original high-quality range to all professionals in the vegetable industry.
- B.S. B.A. or higher in agricultural related discipline, breeding, agronomy or biology (MS highly desired).
- 5+ years of R&D and/or operational experience within a complex organization in the agricultural or horticultural field.
- Understanding of plant breeding, biology and physiology.
- Extensive working knowledge of site management to include facilities operations, as well as demonstrated competency in open field and greenhouse vegetable production.
- Ability to analyze and prepare balanced budget and investments.
- Leadership and management experience required.
- Strong understanding of vegetable industry.
- Understanding of current phytosanitary regulations on local and state level.
- Ability to travel within Brazil and internationally on as needed bases.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English.
- Good analysis and project management skills needed.
- Capacity for making and keeping good relationships (particularly with farmers).
- Ability to represent R&D in formal and/or government meetings and seminars.
- Good working ethic.
- Rigor and organization.
- Possess effective leadership qualities and interpersonal communication skills.
Atribuições e Responsabilidades
- Main Objectives:
- Manage, organize and coordinate the operations, research trials and facilities of the R&D in Brazil.
- Oversee all the field, greenhouse and facility staff of the research stations.
- Oversee all internal and external R&D screening trials within objectives established by research team/DV.
- Manage the operation resources to optimize efficiency and cost.
- Ensuring that R&D projects are on time and within the budget.
- Establishing effective and productive communication between all local research departments and teams.
- Supervise the on-site growing of vegetable plant breeding nurseries, and other research trials, both in the greenhouse and in the open field, to ensure full agronomic performance for reliable breeding selection.
- Manage the development and maintenance of the station infrastructure and equipment including buildings, laboratories, greenhouses, open field farm, and other affiliated assets.
- Establish local management meetings to ensure flow of information within the research team.
- Cross functioning with other researchers on breeding projects/experimental programs and pathology support.
- Effectively collaborate and establish continuation and expansion of the current and new research programs on operational level.
- Create, propose and effectively control the operating expenditure budgets and capital investment plans for the research station.
- Ensuring comprehensive reporting on all the R&D activities and projects status on weekly/monthly bases.
- Developing strong performing KPI`s.
- Creating and developing projects and activities database documentation, protocols and schedules.
- Managing and supervising pesticides reporting.
- Ensuring compliance with all local rules and regulations.
- Promote friendly, safe and productive atmosphere within the research staff.
- Manage and ensure compliance of all applicable regulatory requirements concerning safety, legal, and environmental regulations.
Based in Brazil, the Research Project Manager is responsible for supporting all research activities in Brazil including, but not limited to the Research Station based in Holambra.
To assure the genetic improvement of its target species, the Research Department of VILMORIN-MIKADO must manufacture, screen and test vegetable material at different breeding stages for different production areas. The final objective being to propose adapted varieties for Brazilian markets.
Tipo de Vaga: Profissional – Efetivo (CLT)
Perfil Profissional: Agronomia
Candidatura/Envio de Currículos
Cadastrado na Seção de Oportunidades da Rede Agrobase 06 de Junho de 2018.
ResumoTipo de Contrato: Efetivo (CLT)
Salário: não especificado
Local: Holambra - SP; Campinas - SP