Ramo da Atividade: Meio Ambiente
Dados da Vaga de Emprego
Atribuições e Responsabilidades
- Working with: The position holder will work closely with FPT colleagues and national counterparts and other stakeholders on all aspects of the job. Responsible for: Principe Trust staff The position holder will work closely with FPT colleagues and national counterparts and other stakeholders on all aspects of the job. Responsible for: Principe Trust staff.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the FPT’s small team (2 expatriate and 15 local staff) through a period of change in a challenging working environment on the island of Príncipe. Established by the company HBD, and after 3 years of direct support and sponsorship, the FPT is now transitioning towards being a fully self-sufficient organisation. The FPT is seeking a visionary, experienced and dynamic Director to lead the organisation through this period of change and beyond.
Reporting to the FPT Board and with direct support from partner organisations, the Director will lead on organisational direction and all aspects of management including forward strategy, the evolution of operational systems, staff management and fundraising and development. Initially, and until the organisation’s capacity has been built, you will also provide technical oversight of the FPT’s marine programme.
You will be a qualified and experienced manager, able to provide strong leadership and take responsibility for the management and development of the organisation from the outset. An effective communicator with strong people management skills, you will have the skills and experience required to build a supportive working environment and effective team. You will also have technical experience in a relevant field including biodiversity conservation and/or social development. You will have a proven track record in all aspects of programme and/or project management and will be skilled in providing advice and technical input to the design, development, implementation and evaluation of projects. Príncipe is a small remote island; this position will suit an individual who is solutions-oriented and who enjoys working in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Start Date: 1st June or as soon as possible.
- Duration of contract: One-year fixed term contract, with potential to extend subject to business need and funding availability.
- Probation Period: Four months.
- Salary range: EUR 31,500 – EUR 36,500 depending on skills and experience (cost of living on Principe estimated at €500 per month).
Tipo de Vaga: Profissional
Perfil Profissional: afins
Candidatura/Envio de Currículos
Cadastrado na Seção de Oportunidades da Rede Agrobase 06 de Abril de 2017.
ResumoJornada: This is a full-time position requiring flexible working.
Salário: não especificado
Benefícios: For international appointments, FFI expatriate benefits apply: 30 working days’ annual leave entitlement plus national public holidays observed in Príncipe; Accommodation allowance of EUR 370 per month; Medical insurance; Relocation flight on commencement of employment (if applicable); Repatriation flight on termination of employment (if applicable)
Local: Santo Antonio; São Tomé & Príncipe; África Central