Empresa Contratante: Centro de Excelência contra a Fome do Programa Mundial de Alimentos (PMA) | World Food Programm (WFP)
Ramo da Atividade: Programa Mundial de Alimentos
The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
In emergencies, we get food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After the cause of an emergency has passed, we use food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives.
WFP is part of the United Nations system and is voluntarily funded.
Born in 1961, WFP pursues a vision of the world in which every man, woman and child has access at all times to the food needed for an active and healthy life. We work towards that vision with our sister UN agencies in Rome — the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) — as well as other government, UN and NGO partners.
On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 82 countries each year. 11,367 people work for the organization, most of them in remote areas, directly serving the hungry poor.
To learn more, watch the video outlining our mission, read our Mission Statement and our 2013 Annual Performance Report or download the Infographic.
Dados da Vaga
Consultant Food Technologist (16-0022317)
- Education: Advanced university degree in Food Technology, Health Sciences, Food Control, Nutrition or other related field, or First University degree with an additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Experience & Competencies: At least 10 years of professional experience including relevant experience in the food industry and product development. Experience in production of local fortified food an advantage. Expertise in market research, strategic business planning, cost optimization. Experience in monitoring and assessing food safety and quality issues. Good analytical skills and writing capacity required. Good computer skills and a knowledge of the common software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Must be able to respect deadlines and work effectively in an international and
- Language: Working knowledge of English and/or French.
Atribuições e Responsabilidades
Assist WFP in exploring the feasibility of a fortified complementary food produced in Chad. To ensure that, the consultancy will:
- Explore the existing opportunities or barriers for the local production of a fortified complementary food in Chad .
- Assess the requirement needs (technological and financial) to kick-off production of a fortified complementary food in Chad.
- Produce a review of the food transformation sector in Chad, identifying the companies, associations or other entities with potential to produce the fortified complementary food, focusing on the minimum standards related to the product, the infrastructure, the equipment, and the human resource capacity.
- Map gaps or barriers of the development of national standards for a fortified complementary food.
- Establish the minimum standards for food quality and safety, along withassurance systems to be prepared in partnership with relevant government bodies (CECOQDA, MoH among others).
- Propose a production model, taking into account barriers and opportunities, including capacities of Farmers organisations.
- Develop an action planfor the local production of fortified complementary food.
- Identify area(s) that need further assessment and additional studies.
- Provide any technical assistance requested by WFP in relation to food fortification process in Chad.
- A report is produced outlining the opportunities and barriers to local production of a complementary food in Chad, and proposing a production model that is viable.
- Capacity of the government in terms of food quality and safety control are assessed and an action plan is proposed to improve capacity if needed.
- An action plan is developed outlining the steps to be taken to kick-off production of a complementary food.
- Key stakeholders and potential partners are identified.
- Additional information needs and further studies required are clearly identified.
Specifically, the consultant will:
Envio de Currículos
ResumoSalário: não especificado
Local: Nd jamena/ Chade