Dados da Vaga de Emprego
Rural Development and Agricultural Lead/Senior Specialist – 129721795
- Experience: Professional with graduate studies in economics, agricultural economics, natural resources economics, rural development or related fields (Ph.D. strongly preferred).
- Experience: Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of sector trends, issues and public policy effectiveness and instruments, as well as project management capabilities, preferably in areas such as natural resources, rural development or agriculture. Knowledge of evaluation methodology techniques, both ex-ante cost-benefit analysis and impact assessments is highly desirable. Minimum of 6 years of relevant professional experience in project design and implementation and/or project economic analysis and evaluation, with emphasis in Latin America and the Caribbean. Familiarity with the programming and project cycle procedures of the Bank or other multilateral financial institution in the region is an asset.
- Languages: Proficiency in English and either Portuguese or Spanish is required. While proficiency in Portuguese is strongly preferred, in its absence a demonstrated ability and willingness to gain proficiency in Portuguese quickly is fundamental.
Atribuições e Responsabilidades
- Contributes to the sector dialogue with key stakeholders to identify potential areas of Bank support to further enrich the development objectives of the country where the employee works. Contributes to the preparation of sector strategies and policies, consistent with the Country needs and development objectives. Contributes to the identification, design and preparation of loans and technical cooperation for potential projects that respond to the country’s strategy and priority areas for the Bank. Supervises loan operations and technical cooperation in sector related areas, managing risks related to the results and development effectiveness of operations throughout the project life. Supervision activities entail regular travel within Brazil and (if applicable) to other countries in the Latin American and Caribbean region.
- Undertakes portfolio management activities (managing for results) in collaboration with the Fiduciary Specialists and in coordination with the respective project team leaders (if applicable), particularly in regard to developing a plan of action to respond to issues identified. Participates in the evaluation of results and impacts of projects. Provides input to prepare business plans and budgets for the accomplishment of the Country Work Program. Promotes Bank’s value added, and works as a “facilitator” for organizational change and development.
ResumoTipo de Contrato: Efetivo (CLT)
Salário: não especificado
Local: Brasília - DF